It works with any OS-supported file system* on any OS-supported writable media. It will only work on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. This program will not work on any other line of Windows (9x, Win 3.1, etc).
- Can be run by any user (service needs to be installed by an administrator).
- Complete whole-disk defragging, including private operating system files.
- Multiple instances can be run simultaneously (if you have multiple disks).
- Individual file defragging, with wildcards and recursion. This mode is an opportunistic defragger, marginally better than Diskeeper in that it will at least defrag the file as best it can rather than not at all.
- Defrags NTFS, FAT** and FAT32** filesystems on any media (HD, ZipTM/JazTM, Floppy, etc).
- A "shotgun" mode, where it severely fragments files. Useful for testing or really annoying someone.
- Individual file fragmentation analysis. Find out where on disk a file resides, and how many fragments it’s in.
- 100% safe and interruptable. This program doesn’t actually move the files – the OS does it. Even if you suffer a power failure while it’s working, you run no higher risk of file system corruption than you would if you had happened to be saving a file from any application.
- Boot-time defragmentation.