To avoid the shutdown of your application after 20 min inactivity, you can use a ping tool like:
SmarterPing is a Windows Service built around solving this problem. SmarterPing will hit selected web pages at regular intervals to keep them alive on the server. For low-activity sites, and those using shared hosting, SmarterPing will keep sites running smoothly and quickly.
- Connects to only the pages you specify, exactly as you specify them
- Customizable ping period
- Implemented as a Windows Service to ensure continual operation
- Easy-to-use front end
- Installation on one computer in your network is enough to keep all of your sites alive
WebMon is a freeware web page update monitoring program – it saves you time and keeps you updated by automatically checking web pages to see if they have changed.
- Checking an unlimited number of web pages.
- Scheduling automatic checking at set intervals.
- Optional pop-up alerts and sounds when updates are found.
- Running other programs when updates are found.
- Selecting which part of the web page to check.
- Update logging.
- Proxy support, with authentication.
- Unintrusive tray icon when minimized.
- Importing IE favorites and Netscape bookmarks.
- Help system – simply press F1 at any time.
- Simple installation and removal.
- Freeware, with no advertising or spyware.