The log4js contains following appenders:
- WindowAppender: open a new window in the browser and insert log messages in real time.
- WindowsEventAppender: send log messages in the MS Windows event manager.
- FileAppender: write log messages in a local file on the client.
- AjaxAppender: allow to send log messages to the server with asynchronous HTTP request. There you can process the logging events like you want on server side (ASP.NET).
- MetatagAppender: add log messages as meta data.
The configuration is done by inserting :
//initialize the logger with your category
var logger = Log4js.getLogger("ajaxTest");
//set the level of logging
//set the AJAX Appender to write the log to
// --> </script>
Log4js is compatible with almost all current browsers (IE,Firefox,Safari,Opera…)