WinDbg is a tool that allows you to analyze in detail any program problem, especially when the VS2008 is not available or can not be used. Despite the fact that it has existed for many years, the use of WinDbg can not be called simple and intuitive. So let me present a very interesting alternative.Debug Analyzer.NET is a debugging tool to analyze memory dumps using plug-ins written in .NET framework
- Analysis Reporting – Create .NET based Plug-in to run analysis against a well defined Object Model to generate html reports
- Instant Analyzer – Write your analysis code in Code Editor and hit F5 to compile and execute your analysis so that you can see the results instantly.
- Interactive Debugging – Ability to easily write Analysis commands just like Windbg but in .NET.
- Visualizers – Write Plug-in to present the data as graphs, datagrid .
- Helpers – Plug-in GUI which provides a way to write your own utility for other popular tools.
You need to install .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile
Supported Versions of CLR
- .NET 2.0 (and 3.x) memory dumps.
- Support for .NET 4.0 and Silverlight coming soon.