Data Dictionary Creator is a simple tool which helps you document SQL Server databases. It saves all the information in Extended Properties, so it’s easier to keep the documentation in sync with the database as it changes.Check out this Data Dictionary Creator Walkthrough to see how easy it is to document your database.
Archive for the Category database
Report Sharp-Shooter Express is a free version of the well-known report generator, which provides developers with the base functionality of the product. The available features enable you to create professional reports for Windows Forms applications.Report Sharp-Shooter Express provides developers with wide capabilities for creating professional reports, however it is not possible for end users to change and modify final documents.
[Via Larkware News]
MySQL Tools for Visual Studio is a plug-in for Visual Studio 2005 which allows developer to maintain database structures and objects all from within the Visual Studio environment. Please note that as of this release, data-driven applications including use of the DataSet designer are not supported.
To use the plugin you must have the following items installed:
- Visual Studio 2005 (Express products are not supported)
- .NET 2.0 (this is installed as part of Visual Studio 2005)
- You also need access to an installation of MySQL Server 4.0 or later.
Once installed, using the plugin is very simple.
- Create a new connection to MySQL by choose either the Tools -> Connect to Database menu option or clicking the Connect To Database button in Server Explorer.
- On the Connect to Database dialog, you can choose MySQL as your data source and click Continue.
- Enter your credentials for the selected database server and choose ok.
- Once connected, the database objects (tables, stored procedures, etc) will appear in Server Explorer.
- You can manipulate these objects using context menus by right clicking on them in Server Explorer.
SQLyog MySQL GUI is the most powerful MySQL Manager and MySQL Admin Tool, combining the features of MySQL Query Browser, phpMyAdmin and various other MySQL Front Ends and MySQL Clients in a single intuitive interface.
Multiple Connections + HTTP Tunnel Settings
SSH Connection Settings with "Test Connection"
The following list shows the features included in Community edition( open source and free)
- Favorites Manager
- HTML Schema Documentation
- Shortcuts to generate SQL DML statements from schema definition
- Creating/Dropping/Altering tables
- Multi-tab Query Editor and Result-set Editor
- Multiple Query Execution
- Multi-threaded Query execution – Ability to stop long running queries
- SQL Templates
- Excel-style grid interface to view/update resultsets
- Multi-format Blob editor
- View data in Grid/Text Mode
- ResultSet/Data Export to CSV/XML/HTML
- Full Support from 3.23.38 to the latest 5.x
- Support for all MySQL table handlers
- Excel friendly resultsets/table-data export to clipboard/file
- Dialog-less table and resultset editor
- DBA Productivity
- Restoring / Importing large SQL dumps
- MySQL 5.x objects support
- User Management
- Managing hosted MySQL
- Connection Manager
- Index Management
- Relationship/Foreign Key Manager
- Reorder Columns
- Copy objects to another Host with single click
- Table diagnostics
- Flush Tools
- Object Browser
- Creating/dropping database
- Optimized for managing Hosted MySQL
- Multiple database connections
- Turbo Speed MySQL Management. Uses native MySQL C API – the fastest way to communicate with MySQL server
- 100% keyboard friendly
- Small compact binary
- Minimal use of Registry – easy migration of User Preferences by dragging and dropping config files.
- Non-cluttered look and feel, ability to show/hide panes
SQLite Administrator provides you with powerful and effective tools for SQLite administration and object management. Its Graphical User Interface allows you to create/edit all SQLite database objects in a most easy and simple way, run SQL scripts, build SQL queries, extract or print metadata, export/import data, edit BLOBs and many more abilities that will make your work with the SQLite as easy as it can be…
SQLite Administrator features:
- Create / Modify / Delete Tables by Wizard
- Create / Modify / Delete Indices by Wizard
- Create / Modify / Delete Views by Wizard
- Create / Modify / Delete Triggers by Wizard
- SQL Code Completion that supports table aliases
- SQL Code Highlighting
- SQL Error Locating
- Import Data from CSV Files
- Export Data ( XLS / CSV / HTML / XML )
- Store User Queries into Database
- Search for User Queries
- Store Images into Blob Fields ( JPG / BMP )
- Show SQL of each Database Item
- Migrate SQLite2 Databases to SQLite3
- Try to keep Indices and Triggers after modifying a Table
[Via Larkware News]