The TFS Administration Tool allows a Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server® (henceforth referred to as TFS ) administrator to quickly add users to all three platforms utilized by TFS: TFS, Sharepoint, and SQL Reporting Services (RS), all through one common interface. The tool also allows administrators to change the current permissions on any of the three tiers, identify any errors, and view all of the users and their permission sets across TFS, Sharepoint, and SQL RS.
This tool was created by the Developer Solutions team in Developer Division at Microsoft.
Once you have selected your TFS server and Team Project, you can perform a number of tasks to manage the users and user permissions in your Team Project, including:
- Add a new user to the TFS Server, Sharepoint server, and SQL Reporting Services server, with default permissions based upon your selected TFS role and the XML Mappings File included in the program folder (RoleConfig.xml).
- Change permissions for an individual user on any of the three platforms (TFS, Sharepoint, SQL RS)
- Select multiple roles for an individual user on Sharepoint or SQL RS
- Make multiple changes at once, and then save all of the changes at once
- View the action logs to view the results of your changes (successful changes and errors)
[Download The TFS Administration Tool ]
Technorati Tags: tool microsoft team administration source control