This release adds significantly to the LINQ functionality previously available. Highlights of this release include:
- Productivity enhancements via DLINQ designer and debugger support within the Visual Studio 2005 IDE.
- Support for a broader range of development scenarios thanks to new databinding and ASP.NET support.
- Ability to integrate LINQ with existing code through features like LINQ over DataSet and DLINQ improvements including inheritance
- Feedback driven features including deep stored procedure support, since the earlier CTP.
The installer contains:
- LINQ libraries
- VB and C# language enhancements
- Visual Studio IDE additions
- Samples (VB or C#)
- LINQ Overview
- Standard Query Operators white paper
- Getting Started papers
- DLinq overview
- DLinq Hands-on-labs
- XLinq Overview
- XLinq Hands-on-labs
- References and language specifications
[Via Fabrice's weblog]