- SymbolSource.org – The goal of this project is to provide a common debugging symbols and sources server for the most popular open source projects in the .NET ecosphere: NHibernate, Castle, Log4Net, C5, NInject and many other.
- FluentPath – FluentPath implements a modern wrapper around System.IO, using modern patterns such as fluent APIs and Lambdas.By using FluentPath instead of System.IO, you’ll be able to chain calls and act on sets of files as if they were individual files.
- .NET Screen Scraping in depth – Everything you need to know about screen scraping, from simply pulling down a page to more complex issues like submitting forms and cookies. Here you will learn how to use the WebClient and HttpWebresponse classes and which is better for what task
- Free Silverlight controls, components & tools – to help making your websites brighter collected by WebResourcesDepot.
WinDbg is a tool that allows you to analyze in detail any program problem, especially when the VS2008 is not available or can not be used. Despite the fact that it has existed for many years, the use of WinDbg can not be called simple and intuitive. So let me present a very interesting alternative.Debug Analyzer.NET is a debugging tool to analyze memory dumps using plug-ins written in .NET framework
- Analysis Reporting – Create .NET based Plug-in to run analysis against a well defined Object Model to generate html reports
- Instant Analyzer – Write your analysis code in Code Editor and hit F5 to compile and execute your analysis so that you can see the results instantly.
- Interactive Debugging – Ability to easily write Analysis commands just like Windbg but in .NET.
- Visualizers – Write Plug-in to present the data as graphs, datagrid .
- Helpers – Plug-in GUI which provides a way to write your own utility for other popular tools.
You need to install .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile
Supported Versions of CLR
- .NET 2.0 (and 3.x) memory dumps.
- Support for .NET 4.0 and Silverlight coming soon.
SlimTune is a open source profiler and performance tuning tool for .NET based applications, written in C#, VB.NET. It provides nice set of powerful features, such as remote profiling, real time results, multiple plugin-based visualizations. The source code of SlimTune is available under the terms of the MIT License.The tool is nice free alternative to an commercial profiler.
- Live Profiling – reports results while your code still running
- Remote Profiling – perform profiling proccess from a different computer
- SQL Database Storage – all results stored in SQL database
- Multiple Visualizations – different ways to present profiling results
- Plugin Support – write your own visualization plugin
XPath Visualizer is a simple tool, that lets you execute a XPath query and see the results. The .Net 3.5 is required to use the tool .
- Load the XML document from a filesystem file, from an HTTP URL, type it in, or paste (Ctrl-V).
- Automatically detect and display the XML namespaces in use, in the document, including those with and without explicit prefixes
- XPath query validation.
- Remembers 10 most-recently used XPath queries.
- automatically inject the default xml namespace into query expressions
- visualize the XPath query execution results on the XML document
- Easy scroll through the matched nodes of an XPath query
- strip XML namespaces from any document
- Remove matched nodes in the document
- Reindent or reformat XML
- After modifying the XML in any way, you can save the modified XML document to a new file
Download XPath Visualizer (Codeplex)
The WPF Performance Suite is a set of performance profiling tools that allow you to analyze the runtime behavior of your WPF application.
This suite includes the following tools:
- Perforator – for analyzing rendering behavior.
- Visual Profiler – for profiling the use of WPF services, such as layout and event handling, by elements in the visual tree.
- Working Set Analyzer – for analyzing the working set characteristics of your application.
- Event Trace – for analyzing events and generating event log files.
- ETW Trace Viewer – Record, display, and browse Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) log files in a WPF user-interface format.
The screenshot below is presenting how to Visual Profiler tool looks like: