PowerCommands is an addin for Visual Studio 2008 that contains additional command menu functions for the IDE that most developers would use regularly.
The PowerCommands Addin is available along with source code and documentation.
Below is a list of the features that you will currently find on in PowerCommands Addin for Visual Studio 2008.
- Collapse Projects This command collapses a hierarchy in the solution explorer starting from the root selected node.
- Copy Class This command copies a selected class entire content to the clipboard.
- Paste Class This command pastes a class entire content from the clipboard.
- Copy References This command copies a reference or set of references to the clipboard.
- Paste References This command pastes a reference or set of references from the clipboard.
- Copy As Project Reference-This command copies a project as a project reference to the clipboard.
- Edit Project File-This command opens the MSBuild project file for a selected project inside Visual Studio.
- Open Containing Folder-This command opens a Windows Explorer window pointing to the physical path of a selected item.
- Open Command Prompt-This command opens a Visual Studio command prompt pointing to the physical path of a selected item.
- Unload Projects-This command unloads all projects in a solution.
- Reload Projects-This command reloads all unloaded projects in a solution.
- Remove and Sort Using’s-This command removes and sort using statements for all classes given a project.
- Extract Constant-This command creates a constant definition statement for a selected text.
- Clear Recent File List-This command clears the Visual Studio recent file list.
- Clear Recent Project List-This command clears the Visual Studio recent project list.
- Transform Templates-This command executes the associated custom tool with text templates items.
- Close All- This command closes all documents.
The first addin allows you manipulate Nant targets and tasks within VS 2005
- Read .nant and .build files
- Build visual tree from NAnt files
- Filter public/private targets
- Display target/task properties
- Locate selected node into build file
- Start/Stop selected target
- At solution startup reload default build file
- Full integration with VisualStudio
- Sources provided
The second addin allows you run NUnit tests without leaving VS IDE
[Via Nauman Leghari's Blog]
GhostDoc is a free add-in for Visual Studio that automatically generates XML documentation comments for C#. Either by using existing documentation inherited from base classes or implemented interfaces, or by deducing comments from name and type of e.g. methods, properties or parameters.
What’s New in GhostDoc:
- Added: Support for VB.NET has been added again . The feature is turned off by default and you have to turn it on in the config dialog.
- Added: Setup for the demo project now contains a VB.Net version.
- Added: Full support for events (configurable default documentation, inherited documentation , and used-defined custom rules)
- Added: New macro $(DeclaringTypeKind) that specifies the kind of type a member is defined in (i.e. class, struct or interface).
- Changed: All occurrences of "class" in the default templates have been replaced by $(DeclaringTypeKind).
- Fixed: Documentation of constructors of structs referring to the initialization of a "class" instance.
- Fixed: Problems with parameter names starting with an ‘@’ (e.g. "@class").
Download on the GhostDoc Website
[Via Roland Weigelt's blog]
Regionerate (pronounced ri-jeh-neh-rate) is a new open-source tool for programmers that allows you to automatically apply layout rules on C# code.Regionerate runs on Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio Codename Orcas Beta 1, #develop 2.0, NAnt and on command line.Regionerate can layout and sort fields ,properties,methods and wraps them in regions with counter.You can easily create your own layouts.